Guest Blog Post: Bronwyn Woodgate
Environmentally Healthy Living – Use Low Energy Consuming Goods
In Australia, is it said that heating and cooling account for 38% of our energy use.
Much of the energy is quickly lost through the ceiling, windows and draughts we may have in our house.
Therefore, you can also reduce your energy bills by implementing different practices in your home.
- Use heating and cooling technologies which are energy efficient;
- Only heat or cool the rooms being used rather than the entire house;
- Set the temperature to between 18-21⁰C in winter and 25-27⁰C in summer;
- Turn off all electronic devices every night and when you leave the house – if it blinks, switch it off; and
- Before turning on or up the heater or cooler put on or take off a layer of clothing. If you are cold, put a jumper on cover up under a blanket. If you are hot, put on a top which is breathable.
 Johnson, Sarah. May 2011. ‘The Power to Cut Energy Bills’. Habitat Australia. Vol. 39 (2). Page 13.
Do you have any tips on how to use low energy consuming goods? Please write below we would love to hear from you!
For more information
Contact : Jacqueline Pigdon