It doesn’t have to be Spring to have a good old Spring clean! We often get bogged down with too much stuff! Which can simply weigh us down, get in the way of doing the things we really want to do and prevent us from seeing a clear life path? Sometimes we can over crowd our personal and work life that we can’t even see what we do have amongst all that stuff! Then we go out and buy more things, obtain more possessions when we don’t even have the room for what we have now… So how many ‘things’ do we really need?
You might want to take some time to reflect on how many things you actually have and if you get rid of the most basic forms of clutter in your physical environment you can feel not only lighter but a whole lot more free with space. With fewer things in the way you clear a path and create life balance moving towards what you really want and ultimately need.
Most of us are living in a very materialistic world today that possessions can just take over and often don’t make us happy in the end at all.
Here are 7 tips:
- Take a rubbish bin and go around to every room in your house and throw away any rubbish or things that you can simply get rid of and don’t need straight away.
- Pick one room and move everything that doesn’t belong in there and put it in the room that it does. Follow suit to all rooms.
- Do the above at your work desk too, old draft papers etc that you no longer need and send off for re-cycling, put everything in its place.
- Find 5 items in your house that someone else could really be better off with e.g. too many clothes, which could go to the homeless and less fortunate than yourself? Extra kitchen ware that’s really just getting in the way of your cooking. And stop buying more stuff!
- Schedule a plan that suits you to once a week go through at least one drawer in your house! This is easier to fit in than a couple of weekends of pure spring-cleaning and slowly but surely you will have done them all without too much notice and hours on end of effort.
- Schedule a time for this coming weekend to turn up your radio or put your favourite CD on and give your house a good old top to bottom clean!
- Start doing it now and see how quickly your home and office space turn from clutter to spring clean!
For more information contact Jacqueline Pigdon T: +61 (0) 404 362 379 E: email@example.com